How is sake brewed?
Ever wondered how sake is brewed? Here’s an exclusive peek into the Kiku-Masamune (菊正宗酒造株式会社) brewery and their authentic Kimoto sake brewing methods!
? Ever wondered how sake is brewed? Here's an exclusive peek into the Kiku-Masamune (菊正宗酒造株式会社) brewery and their authentic Kimoto sake brewing methods! ?
โพสต์โดย Makoto-Ya Singapore บน 22 พฤษภาคม 2017
- It starts with the growing of rice, which is subsequently polished, washed and steamed
- The koji mix is then prepared by steaming rice and cooling it repeatedly, before sprinkling mould spores onto these rice grains
- This mixture is then repeatedly mixed under constant exposure to air, with these consistent conditions allow for the koji to be ready
- Next, the sake mash is prepared by adding the koji and water to steamed rice, with strenuous labour to aid the production of natural lactic acid over time
- The crushing of the mixture in tubs also help remove pockets of water and air
- These strenuous processes are repeated long into the nights, with carefully-curated conditions such as temperature and humidity kept consistent
- This readies the sake mash for the fermentation process, with more steamed rice and water added to the completed mash subsequently over a period of four days for consistency – this results in a gradual, yet complete fermentation
- The sake mash is then pressed, resulting in its end product, the refreshing, clean beverage we have all come to love and enjoy!