What are some common misconceptions of sake?
We’re separating the myths from the legend – here are 5 debunked myths about sake that you should know!
Did you know that sake is more similar to beer, than wine? Here are some common misconceptions of our favourite beverage, debunked! ?
โพสต์โดย Makoto-Ya Singapore บน 30 สิงหาคม 2017
- “Sake is a rice wine”
- Sake is actually brewed from fermented rice grains, in a process similar to brewing beer instead!
- “Sake has very high alcohol content, and can easily cause hangovers.”
- Sake’s alcohol percentage is usually around 15 percent, and is not as heavy as you think!
- “Sake is best enjoyed hot.”
- Different sake can actually be enjoyed differently, with some better served chilled or warm.
- “Sake is very premium and expensive.”
- There are many different grades of sake, and one to be enjoyed for every occasion – with the most affordable ones begin at just $10 a bottle!
- “Sake should only be paired with Japanese food.”
- Sake also complements a wide range of other cuisines – ranging from Italian, to Chinese, to American!